AmeriCare Medical 2023 Detroit Free Press Top Workplace Insights
As you may have heard, AmeriCare Medical was named a 2023 Top Workplace by the Detroit Free Press! Every year, the Detroit Free Press recognizes top businesses, not only in the Metro Detroit, but the entire state of Michigan.
This is the third year in a row that we have received this coveted award. We are honored, especially because the award was based on our employees’ feedback. Our employees participated in an anonymous survey that uniquely measures 15 culture drivers that are critical to the success of any organization.
We learned so much about the workplace environment we have been fostering here at AmeriCare Medical, and would like to share some of the key insights we gathered.
“What makes the culture at AmeriCare Medical unique?”
This word cloud shows how the AmeriCare culture stands out from other similar organizations. The words at the left come from responses to the question “What three words best describe the culture at AmeriCare?” and are sized by how much more frequently they show up at AmeriCare than at other similar organizations.
Some key words that best describe our culture are:
“What are the organizational strengths of AmeriCare Medical?”
Organizational strengths are a competitive advantage that allows companies to outcompete, generate value and achieve efficiency. When asked a series of questions regarding what the employes believed to be the strongest strengths of AmeriCare Medical, the following aspects ranked the highest:
- “Employees think AmeriCare Medical departments cooperate well.”
- “Employees think things run efficiently and well at AmeriCare Medical.”
- “Employees think senior leaders understand what is going on at AmeriCare Medical.”
“Why do you love working for AmeriCare Medical?”
In this survey, employees were also asked to write a sentiment about why they love working at AmeriCare Medical. The following comments were compiled:
- “I work with amazing people who are involved in an amazing industry to help people.”
- “There is a strong sense of community and belonging.”
- “I can do my job without pressure.”
- “I have been able to build new skills with the work I am completing for the company.”
- “This job is so amazing; I love that I get to meet and talk with patients as well as help them out in all of their needs. I also like that I can build most of the items in our warehouse. I have a sense of pride knowing I built something that will help someone get better in their life.”
- “I have the opportunity to help people and make a positive impact every day.”
- “I love my job because it’s about improving other’s people’s health.”
- “I know we’re helping patients who rely on our care.”
- “I have a home life after work!”
- “It has a great culture, providing A+ care to patients in need.”
At AmeriCare Medical, our culture is the driving force behind our success. These cultural drivers define who we are and how we operate. From the support of our managers to our clear direction and motivation, our culture is the backbone of our organization. It’s what makes us feel appreciated and gives meaning to our work. In this section, we’ll take a closer look at each of these cultural drivers and how they shape AmeriCare’s identity.
92% of employees at AmeriCare feel their manager cares about their concerns.
92% of employees think AmeriCare is going in the right direction.
92% of employees feel that AmeriCare motivates them to give their best.
92% of employees would recommend working at AmeriCare.
89% of employees feel appreciated at AmeriCare.
89% of employees at AmeriCare feel that their job is meaningful.
89% of employees feel leaders at AmeriCare are well-informed.
86% of employees think processes are efficient at AmeriCare.
For working efficiently, our rank in Home Healthcare Services is in the Top 18%.
86% of employees at AmeriCare feel their manager supports their professional development.
As we reflect on what truly sets AmeriCare Medical apart, it becomes clear that our commitment to care and our exceptional workplace culture are at the heart of our success. These core values have not only fueled our mission but have also been recognized by others. We are proud to be a 2023 Top Workplace. This accolade is a testament to the dedication of our entire AmeriCare family, as well as the unwavering support from our remarkable team. It serves as a reminder that our commitment to caring is not just words; they are the essence of who we are.