Alzheimer’s and Memory Care
When it comes to Alzheimer’s and memory care, the nation is facing what can only be described as a crisis – a crisis that will likely only get worse in the years ahead. If you find that hard to believe, consider the following statistics from the Alzheimer’s Association:
- Half of the primary care physicians in the U.S. don’t believe the medical profession is prepared to handle the increasing number of individuals with Alzheimer’s and other types of dementias
- Between 2000 and 2018 the number of people who died due to Alzheimer’s increased by 146 percent
- More than five million people living in the United States have Alzheimer’s disease
- Alzheimer’s kills more people annually than breast cancer and prostate cancer combined
- One third of seniors die with Alzheimer’s or another type of dementia
About the Memory and Alzheimer’s Care We Provide
If you have a loved one who has memory issues, Alzheimer’s or another form of dementia, you may be hesitant to put the person in a nursing home. At the same time, you might wonder about the person’s safety and ability to live independently. If you have a job and/or a family of your own, it may be difficult if not impossible for you to render the level of care your loved one needs.
Fortunately, putting your loved one in a skilled nursing home and caring for the person on your own aren’t the only options available to you. AmeriStaff Home Health Services provides Alzheimer’s and memory care to people living throughout the Southeast Michigan area.
Working with Alzheimer’s experts, our team has created a program to render care that makes a difference in the lives of people living with Alzheimer’s, memory deficits, dementia, other cognitive diseases and issues that are the products of the aging process. Our program takes family input into account to provide care that has the proven potential to elevate a person’s quality of life.
We have a patient-centric approach to home health care that is centered around the preservation of our patients’ dignity. Our patient-centered care yields desirable results, which often include:
- Helping patients stay safe and at-ease in their homes
- Facilitating engagement between patients and their family and friends
- Promoting social interaction between patients and other people
- Engaging patients in activities that stimulate their minds, with the activities sometimes including recreational endeavors
- Preparing meals that are suitable based on a patient’s particular needs
- Minimizing changes in a person’s cognitive or behavioral symptoms
- Providing respite care to give family members and other caregivers much-needed breaks
We’re Dedicated to Helping You and Your Loved One
The team at AmeriStaff Home Health Services is dedicated to providing home health care that makes a positive difference in the lives of our patients and their family members. One of the ways we do that is by helping you navigate the oft-tricky waters that are insurance claims. We’ll determine whether your loved one’s insurance will cover the cost of their Alzheimer’s or memory care. If those costs aren’t covered, we’ll create an affordable payment plan for you.
AmeriStaff Home Health Services – the partner you can trust to provide home health care wherever you’re located in the Southeast Michigan area.